What is Oculus Link? Oculus Link is the feature (currently in beta Feb 2020) which lets the Oculus Quest act as a PC VR headset via any high quality USB 3.0 cable. This gives Quest owners who own a gaming PC access to the Oculus Rift library and SteamVR.
The Oculus Link Cable Specs (as of January 8, 2020): It is shipping in some countries, but has been sold out and often unavailable, and not yet available in US. Please check link below if in US.
You can use some 3rd Party Cables; this cable is officially recommended.
Please visit Oculus website for latest information : https://support.oculus.com/525406631321134/
[EXCERPT from Oculus.com 02/04/2020]
Setting up your Quest with Oculus Link
If you'd like to use Oculus Link to connect your Quest to a PC, please start by reviewing our Oculus Link compatibility article.
Begin by downloading and installing the Oculus PC software.
Confirm the following:
- Your PC meets the recommended specs.
- You're using a high-quality USB 3.0 cable capable of supporting data and power.
- Your Oculus software is up to date on both your PC and your Quest.
- To check the version number for the Oculus PC app:
- Open the Oculus app on your computer.
- Click Settings at the left side of your screen.
- Click General from the settings options at the top of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the section to see your OS version. To use Oculus Link, the number must be at least 1.43 or higher.
- To check the version number for your Quest:
- Turn on your Quest.
- From the bottom tool bar, select Settings > See All.
- Select About from the left side of the settings panel. Next to Version, the number must be at least 11.00 or higher.
If you're unable to enable Oculus Link:
- If you don't see Add Quest as the device on the PC software: log out of the PC software and log back in.
- If you don't see the Enable Link pop-up on the PC software: log out of the PC software and log back in.
- If you don't see the Enable Link option under Settings on Quest: completely power off the headset and restart.
Once you've confirmed these requirements, you can begin using your Quest with Link. To do so:
- Open the Oculus app on your PC.
- Turn on your Quest.
- Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
- A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny.
If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
- When prompted to Enable Oculus Link (beta), select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.